Managing Director & Senior Consultant
Alan has been Managing Director of CarbonPlan since its formation in 2006. He oversees the daily operations of the business, running a dedicated team delivering CSH, BREEAM, ECO and Renewable Energy Feasibility studies to major construction clients. Using the knowledge gained through education and experience from within the housebuilding and construction industry Alan manages the delivery of consultancy service across a diverse workload within the sustainability spectrum.
Despite CarbonPlan’s significant growth in the last 10 years, Alan still maintains a “hands on” working relationship with the firm’s Senior Consultants and will often take responsibility for the risk and quality management of important projects and regularly participates in formal Director level project reviews with all key staff.
Alan has developed specialist knowledge in all aspects of sustainable construction and has worked on a range of major projects, achieving award nominated BREEAM Very Good, BREEAM Excellent, BREEAM Outstanding ratings for buildings he has worked on as well as CSH Level 3, 4 and 5 on several thousand homes.
Additionally Alan supports Charles in delivery of technical due diligence and technical feasibility studies for a variety of new renewable technologies including
- Technical Due Diligence for UK based Anaerobic Digestion technology
- Energy From waste plants
- A variety of funded Photovoltaic installations
- Various Anaerobic Digestion projects
- Wind turbine feasibility studies for Avon and Somerset Police
- Investment Grade Audits for many clients including SS Great Britain, Hampshire County Council and The National Aquarium
Alan studied at the Centre for Alternative Technology UCL course (Architecture: Advanced Environmental and Energy Studies to MSc level) and is also qualified in the following disciplines:
- BREEAM Offices
- BREEAM Industrial
- BREEAM Healthcare
- BREEAM Other Buildings (Bespoke)
- Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH)
- Display Energy Certificates Assessor (DEC)
- Linear Thermal Bridging professional