Head of Sustainability
Sam has over fifteen years experience in the construction sector implementing ISO14001, developing strategy and policy, delivering training and achieving BREEAM, LEED and Ska. Sam has a passion for delivering organisational change to help businesses move towards sustainability and has a proven ability to get results.
Most recently Sam has become an accredited WELL Accredited Professional.The new WELL standard is grounded in a body of medical research that explores the connection between the buildings where we spend more than 90 percent of our time. WELL is a performance-based system for measuring, certifying, and monitoring features of the built environment that impact human health and well-being, through air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind.
In the course of this time amongst many other achievements Sam has:
- Delivered support to enable Walsh Associates to achieve ISO 14001 certification and is delivering ongoing support to ensure compliance with the standard
- Managed the environment team and ISO14001 certification for Morgan Sindall, ensuring the four brands remained sector leaders on sustainability.
- Developed and delivered the Sustainability Strategy and ISO14001 Certification for the £1.5bn business of Bovis Lend Lease, gaining the first commercial FSC project certification.
- For Carillion he has managed the environmental performance of the road and rail elements of the businesses and maintained ISO14001 certification.
- MSc Environmental Science, Legislation and Management
- BREEAM Offices and Schools assessor
- EcoHomes assessor
- SKA assessor
- Advanced Environmental Auditor & Internal Auditor – IEMA