Senior Sustainability Consultant
With a background in construction since 1997 Marcio has extensive hands on experience of the issues that contractors face in the day to day running of a project. Marcio works as a senior sustainability consultant advising contractors, developers and clients in the early stages of projects; identifying potential planning and sustainability issues, giving design advice and making recommendations on scheme requirements and ultimately taking the projects through to certification.
Primarily Marcio’s experience with CarbonPlan involves:
- CSH – Complete assessment management through all work stages to final certificate hand out.
- BREEAM – Pre-assessment strategies for education, retail and commercial building sector Dynamic Modelling
- Sketch-up and BIM modelling
- Energy Strategies and Sustainability Statements – Planning applications towards compliance and best practices
- Residential Energy Assessments – primarily working on complex refurbishment projects Marcio supports Joe in delivering SAP and RdSAP assessments
Marcio is an associate member of IEMA, has a BEng in civil engineering and studied for his MSc in Advanced Environmental and Energy Studies at the Centre for Alternative Technology / University of East London.
In addition Marcio holds the following professional qualifications
- On Construction Energy Assessor – Assessor training course (2015)
- SUDs Design – CIRIA – Training course (2014)
- Introduction to Aquaculture and Aquaponics – University of Hawaii (2013)
- Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) – Training course (2013)
- Display Energy Certificate (DEC) – Assessor training course (2012)
- BIM-Revit Architecture and IES energy simulation- The basics (2009)
- Code For Sustainable Homes – BRE – Assessor training course (2008)
- Permaculture Design Course, Middlesex University (2001)
- Ecology and Conservation at Birkbeck College – Summer School (2000-01)
- Certificate in Ecological Building from Richmond Upon Thames College (2000-01)