Renewable sources of energy have generated more electricity than coal and gas in the UK for the first time with the National Grid reporting power from wind, solar, hydro and wood pellet burning supplied 50.7% of UK energy on Wednesday lunchtime.
This is great news for UK PLC and at CarbonPlan we are witnessing unprecedented levels of interest in new generation and storage development due to add to these stats … so far in 2017 we are working on:
- feasibilities for over 40MW of ground mount solar with multi MW of storage to improve business case
- development, design & grid negotiations for over 10MW of ‘free to building’ roof top solar under PPA arrangements for existing buildings & reducing the cost of construction compliance
- brokering funding for large utility scale MW storage and energy from waste projects
- due diligence for over 20MW of solar and 1MW biomass asset acquisitions for our community interest groups
- further Innovative District Heating in central London connecting 700 homes funded through the Energy Company Obligation
If you have a project in mind or are wondering what the opportunities are available for your land or building assets then please get in contact for all renewable generation, heat and storage opportunities.
We can support from feasibility to design, through planning and grid connection and identify the grants and funding available.