- Client: Galliford Try Construction
- Developer: Education Funding Agency
- Sustainable Features:
- BREEAM Rating: “Very Good” & “Excellent”
- Sustainability Strategy
- 35% reduction in CO2
- Improved daylighting
- Enhanced landscaping
- Average Project Value: £20m
CarbonPlan were appointed by Galliford Try Construction to work on over 10 Education Funding Agency projects supporting in the delivery of BREEAM assessment, strategy and associated support services.
These Free Schools form part of the Priority Schools Building Programme commissioned by the EFA. Our scope of works included supporting Galliford Try during the PITT/ITT tender stages, through to planning and Contractor Proposals.
A major driver from a sustainability perspective was to achieve the required BREEAM rating within the stringent funding provided. For those Academies located within the London Borough of Croydon, the schemes were presented with a particular conflict as Local Policy dictated a BREEAM “Excellent” vs. “Very Good” as per the EFA Facilities Output Specification.
- Provide consultancy and cost efficiencies to improve the performance specification to go from BREEAM “Very Good” to “Excellent”
- Undertake a BREEAM cost vs. percentage contribution analysis to support the application for derogation against BREEAM “Excellent”
- Delivery of BREEAM Sustainability Champion role throughout the development of the project
We have developed a close working relationship with CarbonPlan using them as part of a select few consultants from early stage tender bids through to construction and hand over.
They are innovative in their approach and provide us with support in a professional and holistic manner which we see as added value.